Monday, April 12, 2010

No title

Today's big happening involved a friend of mine, Dave. He decided to come down and run for a week with me while pushing his own baby jogger with his stuff. He will be doing the same miles and the same route.

It'll be good to have a running buddy until Sunday. Then he goes home, but at that point, I'll only have 5 days left. Today marks having 11 days left.

It's really starting to hit me that this is almost over and I'm almost done. I am very ready to see my family and friends again, but I have to admit, I've started looking at the north bound roads as more than just un-needed detours and more as potential roads to take me to other states I have not run.

Maybe this won't be my only long run after all...

Physically, I'm fine. At the end of the day I'm hungry, but still feel fresh. Mentally, I'm ready for a break where I can see some of the familiar faces I miss.


-- Patrick

1 comment:

  1. Patrick,

    First, I'm sorry to be so out of touch, I have been "offline" since you took your Arkansas break. I'm excited to see your desire is still strong! it's going to take some time for me to go back and catch up on your blogs.

    Keep it up. Sorry for the time lapse, Ready for the big finish!

    Dennis Sullivan
    Buena Park, CA

    ReplyDelete