Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tough.

Today I ran for the miners. Keep them in your thoughts.

I started today with a breakfast with the team leaders for the Arthritis Foundation's walk in Alabama. The walk is May 7th at the Montgomery Zoo. Check it out. I talked to them about the run and it went well.

From there, Mr. Hemphill drove me to my starting point for the day.

Today was cooler but had 97% humidity. I was sluggish all day and quite honestly, didn't feel much like running. After awhile I saw the end of today's run, and another 27 miles are in the bank.

After the run, I met Congressman Mike Rogers and was able to talk to him for awhile.

In case you didn't know, brown sugar and soy sauce on salmon is an excellent choice. Just thought I'd throw it out there. I had it last night. Awesome.

16 days.




-- Patrick

3 comments:

  1. way to go Patrick...your committment to push through the tough days and finish this out is really inspiring. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16 days!!! Then you get your own bed, your momma's cooking, and a shower every day. Woohoo!!!!! You are an inspiration, Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Patrick, that was just a weird comment about the beard. But when that southern heat kicks in, you need whatever will help.
    Peace, Aunt Marie

    ReplyDelete