Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tall mountains and great people

First, I'd like to wish Maggie a happy 13th birthday. It is actually tomorrow, but still, Happy Birthday Maggie!! Finally a teenager!

Today's run was fantastic. I started at 4500 feet and topped out at 7591 ft passing Apache Summit and then the last 10 miles or so were downhill where I ended in Ruidoso Downs at around 6700 ft. The mountains, and scenery made the time and the miles fly by.


Somewhere around 14 miles I saw a bridge over Rt 70, where I was running. On the bridge was this sign that said, "Run Patrick Run!" and it had all these foot prints (and one set of hand prints) on it! It was great, and really gave me some motivation to run some more. I took a picture of it but for some reason it didn't save, so I took a picture of it later when it wasn't on the bridge anymore.


After the run, we met up with the Brillantes for dinner. It was really nice to see them again. Their daughter, Fellicie, was diagnosed when she was just a baby! She's doing well and was really great. Gabby, her older sister, is really cool too. She skateboards, so look for her in the X games in a couple years.

Much of the Brillantes extended family came out as well and everyone was so nice.


Good people, good running, good food, good day.

-- Patrick

6 comments:

  1. Patrick, I bet the sign just made your day, what a feeling to have. You are a kick in the pants to hear from each day. Keep on running. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to New Mexico. So I am seeing it for the first time thru your blog. Thank you for remembering Maggie. Cindy (Marian, 21, systemic)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo! The best part of a tough climb is the downhill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patrick,

    I have driven the route you are on many times. It's beautiful but beware of UFO's when you get near Roswell. Keep an eye out for government vans trucking aliens around as part of a cover-up.

    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mountains. Cold up there and difficult to breathe? When you go back to lowlands again you will feel very strong, I think.
    Keep on running!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patrick, you're like a tour guide, you showing people first hand, parts of the country they will probably never visit. That's pretty cool.

    Beautiful snow photos, breathe in that crisp morning air, makes the running even better, I'll bet.

    The sign had to make you feel great! That was a nice touch.

    Enjoy the downhill, Dennis

    ReplyDelete