Monday, March 15, 2010

Short day

Today was very short. 20 miles. I started in El Dorado where I spent the night at the Union Square hotel. It was very nice. Yesterday I was also visited by the Kuo's and Mrs. Chesser. We went out to dinner and it was great meeting them and their kids.

This morning I had no reason to hurry out for the run so I spent the morning poking around the town of El Dorado. Nice little city. Plus, I found a bakery that had cream cheese and strawberry filled croissants. That thing was so good. If you get the chance to have one, take it. You won't regret it...unless your pants are already getting a little bit on the tight side...

The run was uneventful. I walked a lot because I wanted to take up more time so I wouldn't have to sit around Strong, Arkansas with nothing to do. Bottom line, no matter how much you walk, 20 miles just doesn't take that long.

Strong isn't a very large town. I don't know where they get off calling themselves strong. There has been nothing I've seen so far to prove that. I expected some hulking guy holding up a truck or a house or at least a gallon of milk and a bag of flour at the sign that told me where Strong started. But it was not so.

I'm ready to finish this thing. I still have 39 days until the end. This Friday it will be 5 weeks. I know it will go by quickly but the truth is, that day cannot come soon enough.

-- Patrick

3 comments:

  1. We are ordering up some nice weather here in Savannah...you will get into town at the perfect time of year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice that 20 miles seems short to you! Would die to have one of those croissants.

    ReplyDelete